Thursday, May 24, 2012

Growing up my mom always told me to be good or the boogeyman would come get me. My parents scared me with alot of things, just to get me to do things. They put stuff into my head & made me believe things that weren't even real. This is exacty what producers of scary movies try to do. In horror movies, they add scary music or sound effects that were made to scare you. Like there are certain sound effects that you can just hear, and you know something bad is gonna happen next. For example, the sound of creeking wood flooring, usually means something bad is gonna happen. Or the person or monster is behind them.


Another way that producers do to try to scare their audience is by saying that the movie is true or based on true events. One idea may be from a true story, but they stretch the truth to make it scarier or even add their own twist to it. The camera work also plays a main part in getting the audience to believe what they're watching is true. Like the picture to the right, this movie was filmed "personally" or the camera was a hand held camera, to make the affect seem scarier.

5 comments:

  1. LL: REALLY GREAT POST! I love how described it all, media tricks us all with so little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tm I hate scary movies so much, they make you believe in silly things, and I think it’s more funny when kids are scared. I can understand the boogeyman , I would do that to my kid to, if they were annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PH ~ I do enjoy horror films every now and then, but the more recent ones that have come out aren't really all that great...
    All the good horror film ideas have already been made and people are just trying too hard to come up with an original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fear is caused from things we experience (ru)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JN
    I agree with u as well my dad use to scare me into being good and cleaning up bcuz monsters would come out. Now a days to scare grown ppl they use the term based on a true story or event..movies effect our fear.

    ReplyDelete