Monday, May 14, 2012

In the History of Media unit, I learned that Guglielmo Marconi was an Italian inventor who proved radio communication. He also sent and received the first radio signal in Italy in 1895. By 1899, he flashed the first wireless signal across the English channel.





Radios emerged as a machine service durning WWI. Soldiers use radios to communicate with each other & it also helps them target their enemy. Radios are a very useful tool for everyone.

Radios come in handy when you're not at home & you're driving. You can hear news broadcasts through the radio if you're not able to hear it from a television.

7 comments:

  1. EL... I don't listen to the radio that often like I use to, but the radio was a successful invention because it's still used today. I agree with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post!
    I really enjoyed the nice spacing of the photos, and the fact that you included two photos. The black and white photos really give the reader a sense for the time period you are discussing. Engaging post, detailed yet concise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL: I also agree completely with you, radios do keep us informed about what is going on around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tm i wish i was born when all this invention came in,not that i hate where i am now.

      Delete
  4. AK9
    The radios were very usable during the early time of history ad now when ipod came in you realize how much media has improved

    ReplyDelete
  5. (ru) nice pictures and facts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PH ~ I still find the radio fun to listen to even now. But I don't really listen to it for news and stuff, I usually just use the radio for music and stuff now.

    ReplyDelete